Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I have been very busy lately! I'm going to school to become a paralegal then hopefully off to law school. Watch out Minister of Child and Youth Services, here I come to take your job! :)

I am also working on a big project that I would love help with. It is in the same vein as the crisis nursery, but not quite the same thing. I will be posting more details in January.

I am also busy making some 'Jeffrey's Comfy Quilts' that I will take to the Canadian Center for Abuse Awareness at Christmas. They then pass them on to children in foster care, or who are having a rough time. It's a great charity and I really recommend donating money or toys, clothes, personal hygeine products, etc. to them. Please see their link on this site.

Also, I'm hoping the woman (I'm so sorry, I forget your name!) I lent my binder of newspaper articles relating to Jeffrey's case reads this blog and would please get in touch with me so I can pick it up... if you still have it.

Thanks!
Amanda :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace Jeffrey, many people are thinking about you today - we will not let them forget what happened to you.

afterfostercare said...

Keep us posted on your progress ok? PS I took a law clerk course :)

aliciak said...

Way to go Amanda, I'm so proud of you.
I will never forget Jeffrey's story. I will spread the word. How can I help, please get a hold of me.
We all need to find a way to prevent another tragic story for other little ones.
I am so inspired by his story, I am going into the line of work to protect these small children and will start fostering children myself. I have little Jeffrey's picture on my laptop, he is my hero. Just wish someone could have been his. *sniff*

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Jeffrey, you are remembered sweet angel.